Monday, November 16, 2009

You know it when you see it

Not to belabor what occurred in the new buyer intake I did last week but one point that came out of the experience, is that buying real estate is in many ways, an emotional process. Yes, you figure out what you can afford, find a lawyer, find a broker and explore neighborhoods, or in New York City, even specific buildings that you like. You look at apartments-you have your lists of desires-i.e. outdoor space, more than one bath, elevator or whatever else seems important to you. But I have to say that after being involved in the renting and selling of real estate for over nine years, I'd say most buyers walk into an apartment or a house and say "this is it." For all the calculations, considerations, you walk in and in your heart, you know you have the found place. I don't think in my years of renting and selling, did I ever convince someone to buy something, rather I have helped make the deal happen. Unfortunately in my previous firm, where we were only sellers' brokers, I often felt compromised. Now, that I can work with buyers directly, showing other brokers' listings I feel like I can better service the buyers I work with. But at the end of the day, most buyers walk into a property and say this is the one for me or us. You know it when you see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment