Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Getting through the day

I woke up this morning like any other day. I took my probably fifteen year old or plus beagle Bob down for a walk. He has arthritis and the last few weeks have not been easy on him-though yesterday he did very well.

I could see he did not want to walk that far so he did his business and I brought him back. I fed him as usual and he did not want to eat and I could tell he was in a lot of pain. I took him to the Vet, had to carry him to the car and to the Vet's office and I could barely witness his discomfort. He threw up on the way over and he was anxious and wriggling in pain.

Julie Morris, my amazing Veterinarian in Carroll Gardens took x-rays and said there might some issues with his discs. I left him there with IV fluids and IV steroids and hoped for the best. I just brought him home and he is much much better. I am very grateful.

Bob has been in my life since October of 1996. He sort of showed up on Garfield Place in Park Slope, as I was boarding him for a neighbor. He had three prior owners, was badly abused. But he and I knew we were meant for each other and I am thankful for every day we have had together. I pray that we can some more quality time. He is an amazing dog, loving and caring and rather stubborn like his father.

Thank God I work with great people who helped me get through the day, helped me with work, were there for me. And I still managed to get what needed to be done. Keep Bob in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment