Friday, April 2, 2010

Working With A New Buyer

Last night I showed an old friend an apartment to buy. He has lived in a rental apartment for a very long time. And he is excited to think about buying for the first time. As we have discussed, change is good and owning is better than renting.

It was wonderful to go through the apartment and see what he liked and didn't like, to observe his responses and hear his thoughts. I love working with both buyers and sellers and I am thankful I truly enjoy what I do.

After we left, we had a good discussion about what he would like to do to make the apartment more comfortable, how much it would cost. We crunched some numbers and he was going to sleep on it. We plan to talk soon. I pride myself on being a good negotiator and try to be a good listener, all important parts of the sales process.

A colleague commented that I had found my calling, that I am doing what I should be doing. I do truly enjoy what I do and for that I am grateful. It took a while, but here I am. A great weekend to all-enjoy the weather!

1 comment: